POSITION: Vice President Transportation
LOCATION: North Bay
Under the direction of the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Vice President Transportation provides strategic management oversight of Ontario Northland’s many transportation services to meet the highest standards of safety, efficiency, and legal, regulatory, and policy compliance, all while delivering an excellent customer experience. These responsibilities encompass all passenger and freight train operations on a 700 mile rail network, rail infrastructure maintenance, rolling stock and bus maintenance, motor coach operations, the Cochrane Station Inn and the remanufacturing and repair division responsible for servicing external rail customers.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day executive management of the Rail, Passenger Services, and Rail Refurbishment divisions to safely and efficiently meet the strategic goals, operating and capital budgets, and mandate of the agency.
- Development and execution of strategic plan and multi-year business plans encompassing operations, maintenance, capital programs, sales initiatives, and resulting financial forecasts.
- Working proactively and cooperatively with employees, unions, regulators, customers, communities and other stakeholders to achieve positive results.
- Ensure current customer expectations are met or exceeded and new business opportunities are effectively pursued and brought to fruition.
- University degree or equivalent education/experience in the rail or transportation fields
- Considerable managerial experience at a senior level is required
- Must have a thorough technical and practical knowledge of railway operations and maintenance, encompassing the transportation, infrastructure and mechanical functions
- Operating experience in multi-modal public transportation would be an asset
- Experience working within a unionized environment with collective agreements
- Experience in dealing with regulation and regulators at both the federal and provincial levels
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be committed to safety and health in the workplace and innovative in achieving best in class safety results
- The position entails travel, both on and off the Ontario Northland system
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: January 5, 2020 no later than 11:59 p.m.
Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and covering letter (provided in one document) quoting Reference 100-41-20 to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.