For Immediate Release: Monday, November 2nd , 2015
(North Bay) As of November 15th, 2015, Ontario Northland will be changing its motor coach service schedules on some routes, which have experienced low ridership. The changes are as follows:
- The Cochrane to Iroquois Falls/Matheson route will now have daily service once a day (previously twice a day);
- The Cochrane to Timmins route will now have daily service twice a day (previously three times a day);
- The Timmins to Cochrane route will now have daily service twice a day (previously three times a day); and
- The Hearst to Kapuskasing route will no longer have daily service, but will instead have Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday departures from Hearst.
- Departure from Timmins to Sudbury will be at 9:15 a.m. instead of 11:30 a.m.
- Departure from North Bay to Timmins will be at 7:00 a.m. instead of 5:00 a.m.
Please consult our website for complete details on our new schedules for Hearst, Kapuskasing, Cochrane, Timmins, Iroquois Falls and North Bay.
“Ontario Northland continuously reviews our motor coach services and makes adjustments as operationally required and in response to customer demands,” said Tracy MacPhee, Director of Passenger Services. “Today’s announced service changes are necessary to streamline our services in order for Ontario Northland to be sustainable in the long term. We are working with our employees, community leaders, passengers and bus parcel express customers to ensure a successful transition.”
This is all part of the necessary transformation to ensure sustainable employment, continued economic growth, and a strong transportation network in Northeastern Ontario. Our motor coach services are vital to Northern Ontario and we need to streamline our services in order to be sustainable.
For more information about Ontario Northland please contact: http://www.ontarionorthland.ca/
Renée Baker, Communications Manager
Tel: 705.472.4500 or 1.800.363.7512 ext. 530, cell 705.499.7573