As of June 25th, we will be reinstating Polar Bear Express passenger train service between Cochrane and Moosonee.
The train will operate twice weekly on Mondays and Thursdays with the same departure times.
The health and safety of passengers and employees are our number one priority. Passengers can expect increased safety and hygiene practices, as well as new protocols.
- All passengers and employees will be required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when boarding or moving through the coach (except when seated in their assigned seat). Children under the age of two (2) and people with difficulty breathing unrelated to COVID-19 should not use face coverings.
- The dining car will not be in service and passengers will not be able to move from car to car.
- Passengers will be screened prior to boarding which consists of speaking with an Ontario Northland employee to answer a questionnaire.
- The passenger cars have enhanced cleaning protocols including intense cleaning after use. Additionally, an anti-microbial spray has been applied to all passenger coaches.
- Limiting the number of seats available per coach to ensure physical distancing.
Passengers are encouraged to reserve their tickets in advance by calling 1-800-461-8558 or visiting the Moosonee, Cochrane, or Timmins station.
Ontario Northland provides the only land link to the James Bay Coast connecting Cochrane and Moosonee, an essential transportation service.