Job Opportunity 800-028-014
TITLE: Maintenance Assistant (Contract Position)
REPORTING TO: Manager Facilities Services
LOCATION: North Bay
- Utilizes the OOSS ticket system to log ALL maintenance request details, including regular updating and closing of tickets.
- Scope of work to include, but not limited to, filter maintenance, minor internal construction, ceiling tiles, doors and locks, window repair, moves, grounds keeping, loading dock(s), lighting, sinks, toilets, energy and elevators.
- Verifies daily operation of facilities equipment and assists in maintenance of boilers, compressors, HVAC equipment, building mechanicals, elevators, lighting and security.
- Work with outside contractors on a daily basis for services including, but not limited to, janitorial, grounds keeping, snow removal, plumbers, electricians, painting, flooring, windows, doors, window washing, carpet cleaning with all projects approved by Facilities Manager.
- Assembles, moves, retrieves and stores records, boxes, furniture, stationary and related office supplies and peripherals.
- Works with Ontario Northland health and safety department and practices and encourages excellent health and safety habits.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Must have experience in property maintenance.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Building environmental systems certification is an asset.
- BOMI certifications including SMT, FMA is an asset.
- Must be able to perform basic/light maintenance duties including plumbing, electrical, custodial, painting, and construction.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Honeywell Enterprise Buildings Integrator software is an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of Grade 12 of GED or equivalent.
CLOSING DATE: November 25, 2014 no later than 2 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals may apply in writing with a current resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Generalist
555 Oak Street East, North Bay, ON P1B 8L3
Reference: Maintenance Assistant (Contract Position) – North Bay 800-028-14
Posting Date: November 13, 2014
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276