Job Opportunity 300-033-14
TITLE: Diesel Mechanics (2)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Equipment Maintenance
SUMMARY: Diesel Mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain Motive Power and other Railway equipment.
- Perform repairs, dismantles, rebuilds, maintains, installs, adjusts, diagnoses, tests, locomotives and shop machinery and all diesel or gas powered engines including internal oil pumps, transmission systems, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including braking systems, air compressors, auxiliary power units, rail or rubber tired vehicles including buses, bulldozers, cranes, payloaders, motor cars, motor coaches, locomotives and track equipment.
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments; such as micrometers, scales, gauges, verniers, squares and indicators and all types of testing equipment such as dynamometer, fuel injection, fluid power equipment, etc. Set up and operates different types of machine shop equipment including CNC equipment used in drilling, milling, turning, and boring.
- Handle all hand and power tools commonly used in the trade, as well as, electric and gas welding equipment. Follow blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns, and construction specifications and can adapt to new methods, processes, materials and equipment and all other work generally recognized as diesel mechanic’s work
- Shift work is a requirement of the position
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma;
- Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification (Automotive Service Technician – 310S or Heavy Duty Equipment Technician – 421A or Truck and Coach Technician – 310T);
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety-conscious environment; and
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
CLOSING: February 3, 2015 no later than 2 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals may apply in writing with a current resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Generalist
555 Oak Street East, North Bay, ON P1B 8L3
Reference: Diesel Mechanics (2) Cochrane 300-033-14
Posting Date: January 23, 2015
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez les 1.800.363 7512 poste 276.