In an effort to streamline our baggage handling operation, Ontario Northland will place labels on all baggage. Passengers will be issued a maximum of 3 regular labels upon receipt of their ticket. Excess baggage will be charged $5 per piece (tax included).
Baggage in excess of 50 lbs will be charged $10 per piece (tax included). Baggage placed on the baggage car without labels will be held until payment is received.
Pets are permitted on the Polar Bear Express train service.
- Pets may be transported at a surcharge of $22.00 plus HST.
- Pets must be transported in an approved* pet carrier, clearly marked and checked as baggage on the baggage car (not allowed as carry-on baggage).
- Pets must not exceed 75 lbs.
- Pets will be placed in our locked baggage car. Passengers may not visit their pet during the trip.
- Persons requesting the transportation of pets must be travelling as passengers on board the train, the same day
*The kennel/carrier must be big enough to allow the animal to stand, turn around and lie down comfortably.