POSITION: Cleaner (Support Services Group)
DEPARTMENT: Rail Mechanical
REPORTS TO: Equipment Supervisor
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 110 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation for the next 100 years.
As part of the Support Services Group, the Cleaner will provide ongoing cleaning/labour services to the division in a safe and efficient manner.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleaning/washing of railway equipment, coaches, parts and shop facilities
- May include Engine Attendant duties (operating locomotives, track mobiles and forklifts, turning switches, fueling, sanding and watering locomotives)
- May include Material Handling duties (preparing, procuring, obtaining, delivering or distributing parts, equipment or materials)
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- May work various shifts including weekends and some work outdoors in adverse weather
- May include performing preparatory work to coaches on the assembly line
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Graduate of Secondary School (OSSD) or possess a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be available for shift work
- Valid driver’s license an asset
- Previous cleaning/labour experience an asset
- Previous railway experience an asset
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: November 26, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), quoting reference number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.