POSITION: Diesel Mechanic
DEPARTMENT: Rail Infrastructure
REPORTS TO: Manager Work Equipment Maintenance
Diesel Mechanics repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain Railway Infrastructure equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs, dismantles, rebuilds, maintains, installs, adjusts, diagnoses, tests, all diesel or gas powered engines including internal oil pumps, transmission systems, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment including braking systems, air compressors, auxiliary power units, rail or rubber tired vehicles including bulldozers, cranes, payloaders, motor cars, and track equipment.
- Utilizes precision measuring instruments; such as micrometers, scales, gauges, verniers, squares and indicators and all types of testing equipment such as dynamometer, fuel injection, fluid power equipment, etc.
- Set up and operates different types of machine shop equipment including CNC equipment used in drilling, milling, turning, and boring.
- Handle all hand and power tools commonly used in the trade, as well as, electric and gas welding equipment.
- Follow blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns, and construction specifications and can adapt to new methods, processes, materials and equipment and all other work generally recognized as diesel mechanic’s work.
- Grade 12 diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Development (GED)
- Must hold a valid Certificate of Qualification (Automotive Service Technician 310S, Heavy Duty Equipment Technician 421A, Truck and Coach Technician 310T) or other certificate may be considered
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Basic computer skills and experience using Windows based applications would be an asset
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Committed to company health and safety
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing until this position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.