REPORTS TO: Supervisor RRC
DEPARTMENT: Remanufacturing & Repair Centre
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
Responsible for completely and independently planning, laying out, repairing, dismantling, rebuilding, maintaining, installing, and fabricating equipment. This position includes troubleshooting of all types of electrical, electronic and digital equipment (AC or DC) on a number of equipment that includes locomotives, passenger coaches, shop machinery and mobile equipment. In addition, the position responsibility will include structural maintenance such as electricity and lighting on buildings, powerhouses, other structures and yards.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and maintains all types of electrical equipment on machinery, locomotives, car and special track equipment
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs and tests electrical equipment
- Performs adjustments and calibrations to electrical equipment
- Performs modifications and constructs electrical assemblies
- Performs preventative maintenance work
- Services, tests and replaces all components used in electronic circuits
- Plans and performs job layouts
- Works from blueprints, circuit diagrams or schematics
- Uses hand tools and various electrical testing devices and instruments
- Works according to Industrial Electronics and National Electrical Codes
- Operates equipment such as overhead cranes, mobile platforms and forklifts to assist in assignments
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment
- Follows prescribed safety procedures including the use of safety clothing and equipment
- May work various shifts and on weekends and some work outdoors in adverse weather
- Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Certificate of Qualification as Electrician (Construction 309A or Industrial 442A) or within final year of apprenticeship in the same identified trade
- Must have served an apprenticeship
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety codes and has demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious manner
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good working knowledge of computers an asset
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: May 15, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494