POSITION: Health & Safety Incident Management Advisor (6 Month Contract)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Health and Safety
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: North Bay
The Health & Safety Incident Management Advisor will support the implementation of the Incident Management System by educating all employees with responsibilities in the incident management process. The position will provide support, leadership and direction in accident investigation, job safety analysis, work observations, hazard recognition, and hazard control. The position will work closely with the Human Resources team, managers, employees, and unions in support of the health and safety culture.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educational support and subject matter expertise in the area of accident investigation, root cause analysis, and hazard control
- Training on the Electronic Incident Management Reporting system, as it relates to hazard reports, accident investigations, work observations, workplace inspections, daily management of incident tracking and assisting users with management of tasks generated from the system
- Educate management on roles and responsibilities under the Canada Labour Code and the Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Provide leadership and guidance to management when assessing risk and using the hierarchy of controls when implementing appropriate control measures/corrective action
- Follows best practice and legislative requirements as they relate to identifying and controlling hazards in the workplace
- Provide consultation and decision making on complex incidents or activities and escalate inquiries, as needed to the Manager of Health and Safety
- Post-secondary education (diploma, degree or certificate) in Health and Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 2-5 years’ experience in an industrial setting with skills in areas such as industrial hygiene, fork lifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- In-depth knowledge of provincial and federal health and safety legislation: Canada Labour Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and relevant codes and standards, such as National Fire Code, CSA, NIOSH, ANSI
- Experience with educating on difficult material and demonstrating skills in the principles of adult learning
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with experience in Incident Management software and Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage time in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision
CLOSING DATE: April 11, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.