POSITION: Hotel Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Passenger Services
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 110 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation for the next 100 years. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Hotel Supervisor will provide day to day operational support to the Cochrane Station Inn. This position will provide leadership, training, quality control, guidance, and support to Station Inn employees. In addition to day-to-day operations, the Hotel Supervisor will be responsible for developing and improving processes to improve guest experience and operational efficiency.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and provide guidance to Station Inn employees
- Manage and develop staff schedules
- Monitor and manage inventory, consult with suppliers for best value and quality
- Address building related issues with internal and external facility partners
- Respond to escalated customer concerns and complaints
- Review and reconcile daily financial transactions
- Perform quality inspections, ensuring property meets desired quality standards and expectations
- Provide accommodation quotes for large group bookings
- Monitor and manage the hotel email account
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all Safety & Health regulations within the workplace
- Other duties as required
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality or Hotel Resort Management, or a minimum 5 years’ experience in the hospitality sector
- Experience leading or supervising in the hotel industry
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- Ability to work and lead in a unionized team environment
- Valid “G” driver’s license
- Ability to be on call supporting operational requirements
- Must be committed to company health & safety
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: January 23, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.