POSITION: Mechanical Operations Support Manager
DEPARTMENT: Rail Mechanical
LOCATION: North Bay
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager Operations, this position provides operational and administrative support to the Rail Mechanical Department in North Bay. The incumbent of this position will be the lead for the department on a regional basis for the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) journey.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures staffing and scheduling needs are met in order to maintain operational requirements
- Orders supplies as needed to ensure work requirements within the department are met
- Assists with administration of the collective agreements including administering investigation, discipline and grievance process
- Manages the maintenance schedules for locomotives and coaches, ensuring completion is in accordance with AAR, Transport Canada and manufacturers recommended maintenance schedules
- Administers the attendance support program for the department
- Assists the Supervisors with the completion of all operational reporting requirements such as: locomotive availability reports, locomotive status reports, passing car reports, bad order car reports, attendance, Intelex, BMO, Kronos, Self-Serve, Geotab GPS.
- Acts as the management representative for the Apprenticeship Committee, assisting with selection of new apprentices, monitoring progress, ensuring all requirements for certification are met in compliance with the Ontario College of Trades
- Lead for the EAM implementation for North Bay and outlying points
- Collaborate and assist the Sr. Manager Operations with the planning, execution and control of EAM and all key functions
- Focus on value of EAM in Inventory Management, Material Management, Maintenance Management, Failure Management and Service Management and provide appropriate supporting documentation and information
- Acts as management representative for the Workplace Health & Safety Committee
- Ensures all PPE is provided and employees are trained for the proper use and wearing as required
- Assists Equipment Supervisors with safety talks and ensures all employees have applicable safety training
- Ensure Intelex observations are completed and entered into Intelex and appropriate discipline and/or corrective action is completed
- Encourages production improvements including ensuring compliance with job task Standard Operating Procedures, and developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all maintenance tasks
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Trades Certificate in related field (Mechanical, Electrical or Railway Car Technician)
- Training and/or equivalent experience in HR Practices, Labour Relations, and Payroll
- Supervisory experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer knowledge and skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of all railway mechanical equipment would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Occasional travel required to ONTC offices
- Committed to company health & safety
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: December 9, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.