REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor North East Region
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
The Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 110 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation for the next 100 years. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and pension.
The Motor Coach Operator is responsible for operating a motor coach in a safe, efficient manner, providing superior customer service while adhering to scheduled service.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates coach in a safe manner, using defensive driving techniques; maintains schedule; and makes designated stops on assigned route.
- Perform chartered service throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Inspects and prepares assigned coach for operation by performing a pre-trip inspection, adjusting seat, mirrors and seat belts; testing kneeler and wheelchair lift; and equipping coach with needed supplies.
- Collects appropriate tickets through the operation of an electronic fare collection system.
- Complete accurate MTO Hour of Service Logs and adhere to MTO Hours of Service regulations.
- Inspects coach at the end of each shift for damage to the vehicle and lost articles; ensures all parcels were delivered; removes debris and other inappropriate items from the coach.
- Greets passengers in a friendly, courteous manner; provides information concerning routes, schedules and transfer points; assists passengers with the use of securement systems, ramps and lifts, and by other means as appropriate, including the announcement of arrival at major thoroughfares, facility and/or departure locations on a given route, using a microphone while operating the bus.
- Observes uniform regulations and/or other rules, policies and regulations as outlined by ONTC.
- Supervises the conduct of individuals accepted as passengers while riding the bus in accordance with ONTC policies and/or when present, at designated boarding and departure locations.
- Communicates with the Transportation Department concerning equipment, operational or passenger problems, or accidents by using a two-way radio and/or completing appropriate written reports.
- Completes accident or incident reports, on-the-job injury claims, surveys and other required written materials in a timely manner.
- Drivers will start on a Spare Board rotation with a guaranteed salary as per Collective Agreement
- Must be punctual, reliable and maintain regular attendance in order to contribute individually to the efficient and effective delivery of transportation service to the general public.
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Valid B or C class driver’s license with a Z endorsement
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Valid passport
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs
- Superior customer service skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work schedule/shifts
- Must be willing to relocate
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Knowledge and previous experience of Motor Coach Service industry is a definite asset
- Proficiency in both official languages (English and French) is an asset
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: October 24, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document) quoting reference #500-29B-22
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494