REPORTS TO: Supervisor RRC
DEPARTMENT: Remanufacturing and Repair Centre
LOCATION: North Bay
The Painter is responsible for tending and operating machines or using brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completely and independently plans, lays out, applies liquid stripper, paint, body filler including fiberglass, decals, sealant in relation to painting vehicles, rail rolling stock, or furnishings for rolling stock including steel boarding cars, locomotives and large motorized track machines. Paint tools, welding screens, portable wagons and equipment that belong to the bus and rail maintenance shops
- Prepares surface for painting by sanding and masking the work areas
- Painters must know how to treat different surfaces, such as steel, plastic and aluminum to achieve durable, attractive finishes
- Works from blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns and construction specifications
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment, and all other work generally recognized as Painter’s work
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Current Certificate of Qualification 310B Auto Body and Collision Damage Repairer and served an apprenticeship program or eight years of practical and general experience
- Available for shift work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment and Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494