DEPARTMENT: Remanufacturing & Repair Centre
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Plumber will completely and independently install, repair, and maintain pumps, valves, traps, waste and sewage plumbing systems, sprinkler systems, etc., on buildings, power houses, yards, passenger coaches, and work equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completely and independently plans, lays out, repairs, dismantles, rebuilds, maintains, installs, fabricates, high and low pressure pipeline systems which carry steam, water, air, oil, gas, solvents, etc.; selects proper material
- Completely and independently installs, repairs, and maintains pumps, valves, traps, waste and sewage plumbing systems, sprinkler systems, etc., on buildings, power houses, yards, motor coaches, passenger coaches, and work equipment
- Has basic knowledge of safety codes; characteristics of steam, water, air, oil, gas, acids, etc. pressure ranges and pipeline expansion
- Uses various types of pipefitter tools and machinery including gas and electric welding in the performance of pipefitter’s work
- Works from blueprints, sketches, manufacturer’s patterns, and construction specifications; adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment, and all other work generally recognized as pipefitter’s work and such other work as may be defined by the Lines of Demarcation Committee
- Secondary School Diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Certificate of Qualification as Plumber 306A, Pipefitter 307A or be a final year apprentice in the same identified trade
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Committed to company health and safety
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal Record Check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: July 3, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494