POSITION: Procurement Officer
REPORTS TO: Manager Strategic Procurement
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Procurement
LOCATION: North Bay
REFERENCE #: 800-20-22
The Procurement Officer (PO) provides support for all procurement and supply chain activities and initiatives for all divisions of the ONTC. The PO is responsible to procure goods and services that meet or exceed the company’s multi-divisional requirements and must take into consideration price, quality, technical requirements, warranties, health and safety, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply for all operations and stores requirements throughout Northern Ontario.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
Procurement/ /Supply Chain Management
- Coordinate and implement the complete purchase process in accordance with prescribed requirements such as the preparation and solicitation of bids, evaluation of submissions received, communication with the supplier through a written purchase order, monitoring the relationship with supplier(s), etc.
- Expedite purchase order, quotes & shipments
- Arrange and schedule shipments including the appropriate mode of transportation to meet the client(s) requirements.
- Maintain and promote a high level of customer service to all internal customer and external vendors.
- Remain informed with MGCS (ministry of government and consumer services) to ensure all government policies, guidelines, and interim measures are being followed.
- Review inventory and identify surplus or obsolete items through examination of historical records and/or collaboration with user groups
- Review all requests for additions to inventory to ensure they are in compliance with internal and external specifications and regulations.
- Work closely with Stores supervisor and stores stock keepers to analyze and improve inventory min/max levels, cycle times, lead times and inventory turnover.
- Implement strategic contract sourcing of inventory by analyzing spend data analysis and working closely with the contract administrator to establish purchasing agreements or public tenders.
Tracing, Expediting, Purchasing Investigations
- Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies, delinquent deliveries, and quality issues.
- Manage freight claims, damaged goods and RMA’s (return to manufacturer)
- Create and review reports or KPI’s to analyze overdue purchase orders, out of stock items, backorders, and seasonal inventory trends
Research & Development
- Research new product lines by developing and maintaining a purchasing library, reviewing the Internet or through other sources, and developing supplier relations.
- Work with operations to identify process or quality issues with materials procured and research solutions with our vendor base and industry experts.
- Take part in special operational & capital projects requiring procurement assistance in the supply of goods and services. Projects can vary from rail infrastructure, car shop repairs, refurbishment, locomotive repairs, and any external work that generates additional revenue for the ONTC.
- SCOP Supply Chain Optimization Project to transition procurement, stores, and all warehousing into a sustainable, economical and efficient environment.
Manage Vendors, ISO Certification, Standards Committee
- Monitor vendor selection & creation process while continuously conducting vendor performance evaluations on critical suppliers that could impact our operations.
- Manage Standards Committee ensuring some of our goods or services procured go through the standardization process involving key stakeholders resulting in lower inventory levels & safer products that impact our bottom line.
- University degree or college diploma in Business Management, Commerce, Administration, Supply Chain Management or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a procurement setting acting as a purchaser, buyer, procurement specialist or equivalent.
- Supply Chain Management Professional or other Certified Professional Purchaser designation is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, leadership, negotiating, planning, coordinating, and organization skills; ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent presentation and time management skills
- Strong technical knowledge of AS400 purchasing, inventory, and Payables Ledger technology applications is an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Rail, Motor Coach and Remanufacturing and Repair service industries is an asset
CLOSING DATE: May 13, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.