POSITION: Project Manager – Facilities (Electrical Focus)
REPORTS TO: Senior Capital Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
ABOUT FACILITIES: ONTC has a building portfolio of approximately 191 buildings throughout its large operating area in Northern Ontario. There is a core of approximately 51 major buildings that includes Shop Buildings, Shop Support Buildings, Office Buildings, Stations, Service Garages, and Bunkhouses. The remaining buildings are smaller support buildings such as sheds, storage areas, lunchrooms.
Beyond the simple building count, Ontario Northland’s major terminals in North Bay, Englehart, and Cochrane are analogous to small towns where Ontario Northland is responsible for maintaining its own private service infrastructure, access roads, and transportation infrastructure.
The Project Manager – Facilities provides project management for engineering and construction projects primarily for buildings, building systems, building support infrastructure and process related projects as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and supplies detailed scope of work packages for installation, modification, operation and maintenance of equipment, systems and buildings with the assistance of consultants.
- Prepares necessary documents for RFQ’s, RFT’s, and RFP’s to acquire the services of consultants, engineers, architects, and outside contractors, to purchase new and/or modify or repair existing equipment, systems and facilities.
- Works with legal counsel and buyers to develop contract documents and quote/tender projects following company policies and procedures.
- Purchases material to complete projects following company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinates, schedules, and monitors the work of ONTC trades, contractors and suppliers.
- Diligently maintains project files, contract documentation, and detailed cash flow tracking
- Maintains contract documentation on legal contract management software (Cobblestone).
- Maintains detailed cash flow tracking
- Complete all project initiation charters and forms. Review cash flow projections (monthly and quarterly) in ONTC capital project tracking.
- Creates and assists in the creation of business cases for new capital projects
- Provides information to EAM program as requested
- Coordinates with Facility Supervisors to identify building elements that will be covered by maintenance programs and building elements that will be covered by capital projects.
- Coordinates with ONTC Supervisors for the implementation of Capital Projects
- Consult with operation and maintenances manuals and use knowledge of systems to troubleshoot maintenance issues and coordinate engineering support.
- Maintain programs as required to ensure systems meet Canada Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. (Pressure piping inspection records, Electrical inspection records, Building code inspection records and Designated Substances)
- Stay up to date with energy saving and sustainability opportunities in area of expertise
- Updates SLAM software to aid in tracking ONTC’s state of good repair journey
- Manages projects as assigned by the Sr. Capital Project Manager
- University Degree in an engineering discipline
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in building systems in an industrial setting with practical knowledge
- Working knowledge and experience with various engineering disciplines
- Minimum 2 years of Project Management experience
- Experience with Construction Contract Project Management (coordination, planning, scheduling, legal contracts, documentation, etc.)
- Experience with preparation of cost estimates, budgets, and budgetary requests
- Ability to prepare and supply detailed scope of work documents and RFQs
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of SLAM, Questica, DocAgent, AS400, Cobblestone software is an asset
- Knowledge of current building and construction codes and regulations, including directives, policies and practice relevant to the Federal and Provincial public sector
- Must be committed to safety and health in the workplace
- Must be capable of working independently & under pressure with minimum supervision
- Valid G drivers license
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: November 28, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.