POSITION: Recruitment Advisor (12-14 Month Contract)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Human Resources
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: North Bay
WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. We employ over 750 skilled professionals and are over 120 years old and proud of our heritage and connection to the communities we serve. We are focused on moving forward with the goal of being a valued leader in transportation. We offer competitive salary, a defined benefit pension plan, paid vacation, 3 paid personal leave days along with discounted transportation on our bus and passenger rail services.
The Recruitment Advisor is primarily responsible for the full cycle of the recruitment and selection process, working closely with hiring managers to ensure that the organization attracts highly qualified candidates and enables the best candidate selection decisions to meet its workforce needs.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the recruitment process including requisition processing, job postings, reviewing applicant resumes, coordinating and/or conducting interviews, constructing interview guides and facilitating the selection process in conjunction with corporate policy and department practices;
- Coordinates the hiring process to ensure compliance, completion of pre-employment medical or skills and aptitude testing, if required, police and reference checks.
- Update and develop postings with a focus on creating a diverse and inclusive workforce;
- Work closely with hiring manager to develop interview guides based on the requirements of the competition using behavioural based interview technique;
- Prepare written job offers and contracts with specific employment clauses and works with Managers in negotiation of contracts in adherence to policy and hiring practices;
- Leads and provides subject matter expertise in the area of recruitment and ensures fair hiring practice in adherence to legislative requirements
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in human resources with an emphasis on recruitment is considered an asset
- CHRP, CHRL and/or working towards is preferred
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams)
- Experience working in a unionized environment and interpreting collective agreements is an asset
- Strong professionalism with the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Valid G driver’s license and ability to travel when required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and solution-focused attitude, calm, composed, self-aware and collaborative
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal record check
- Employment references
- Education verification
CLOSING DATE: November 28, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.