POSITION: Senior Manager, Customer Service Design and Administration
REPORTS TO: Senior Director Passenger Operations
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Services
LOCATION: North Bay
The Senior Manager, Customer Service Design and Administration will enhance transportation services by introducing new processes and reshaping passenger-facing products with satisfaction and loyalty in mind. They will lead a team of operational and business professionals, ensuring work is focused, strategic and measured.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide senior management guidance to a Passenger Services team, with a total team size of approximately 73 staff throughout Northern Ontario
- Oversee the development of proactive customer service strategies ensuring that these are designed to enhance the company’s presence and reputation with key stakeholders (passengers, municipalities, businesses, external organizations and provincial government), highlighting Ontario Northland’s brand, positive community impact, and commitment to customer centered service
- Drive the ongoing development of a customer service culture across the division, supported by effective policy and process frameworks and responsive customer service systems
- Support revenue growth by working with department managers and the Marketing and Communications Department
- Identify opportunities for product and service improvement, development, and oversee their implementation
- Track key performance indicators, propose continuous improvement strategies by developing new key performance indicators
- Solid customer services skills and focus on health and safety across department.
- Prepares a range of reports in support of the Senior Director Passenger Operations, including but not limited to commission reports, ministry reports, briefing notes, engagement strategies
- Develop and analyze relevant operational and sales reports in order to better gauge and prioritize issues and advise department units (Polar Bear Services, Motor Coach Services)
- Self-driven, with the ability to manage multiple competing and shifting priorities
- Independent, diligent, demonstrates good judgment and attention to detail
- University degree relative to area of responsibility (i.e. business management, public relations, public administration)
- 10 years of relevant experience in a customer relations role and 5 years of experience in management, preferably in a unionized environment
- An innovator and strategist with the ability to conceptualize and execute plans for desired results
- Has a proven track record in building beneficial partnerships internally and externally
- The ability to successfully engage a wide range of stakeholders in support of department and organizational objectives
- Strong project management skills
- Valid G driver’s license in Ontario and willing to travel as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented, motivated by our mission, vision and values
- Working experience in both a corporate and public sector environment is an asset
CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 318.