POSITION: Senior Manager, Planning and Change
REPORTS TO: Chief Human Resources Officer
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Services
LOCATION: North Bay
The Senior Manager, Planning and Change provides strategic oversight for a team of Organizational Change Management, Business Planning, Project Management, and Enterprise Risk Management professionals. As a champion of transformational and sustainable organizational change, the Senior Manager will work with leaders and internal/external stakeholders to establish and evolve, through a continuous improvement approach, a central planning office responsible for strategies and processes to:
- identify, document, plan and measure organization performance objectives
- assess and evaluate the viability and value of business cases and business plans supporting enterprise initiatives
- embed project management and change management methodologies enterprise-wide
- encourage and facilitate change across the organization to shape organizational culture
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of Organizational Change Management professionals to promote and develop an enterprise-wide culture of change management readiness and adaptability.
- Provide senior level leadership to the Business Planning, Business Analysis, & Project Management Office.
- Oversee Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), continuing to build on, sustain, and improve the organization’s risk management culture. Ensure ERM is part of organization-wide decision-making.
- Oversee organization-wide business case development and business planning, including the process for completing business cases and business plan.
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide intake process to ensure strategic alignment of projects and initiatives, and inform decision-making, monitoring, sustainment, and evaluation.
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocations to the executive team, department leads, support staff, and end users to support these initiatives to meet organization and department objectives.
- Ensure the business plan, and where appropriate, any business cases, meet all Ontario government agency requirements and align with Ontario Northland’s strategic plan, mission, vision and values.
- Adhere to appropriate Ontario government directives and requirements in the completion of work (for example: Agencies & Appointments Directive).
- Set/develop KPIs aligned with industry standards. Follow up quarterly with departments for performance updates. Work with departments to identify mitigation plans for risks to achieving targets.
- Quarterly and annual reporting for Ontario Northland.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Commerce or other related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience in Project Management, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Leadership, Matrix Management, Business Process Analysis, Enterprise Risk Management.
- Experience and success in leading organizational change in a public sector environment
- Minimum of 7 years in a management role with similar responsibilities
- Outstanding leadership experience and skills, including the ability to lead, manage and mentor a cross-functional, interdependent team of professionals
- Ability to prepare, organize and present project and planning documentation (e.g. business case, feasibility study, project plans, presentations, reports, etc.).
- Experience analyzing and implementing organizational design, business process modelling, strategic plans and management structure development
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict resolution and change management skills
- Organizational and time management skills, including balancing multiple priorities and tasks while meeting strict deadlines
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and expectations
- Knowledge of Rail, Motor Coach, and Remanufacturing industries is an asset
- Certification and/or experience applying Risk Management, Project Management, Organization Planning, and techniques for continuous improvement projects would be an asset
- Business planning or strategic planning certifications or equivalent experience and skills are an asset
- Experience working with Ontario Public Sector and/or transportation sector is an asset
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: January 17, 2022 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.