POSITION: Spare Storesperson
REPORTS TO: Stores Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Procurement
LOCATION: North Bay
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Stores, the Spare Storesperson will work to receive, document, organize, issue, pack and ship supplies and material used in operation of Ontario Northland.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issues materials according to requisitions
- Identifies, verifies and ensures the accuracy of shipments received according to purchase orders
- Accurately records transactions, updates forms, records, reports and documents either manually or electronically on a computer
- Ships and stores materials in appropriate location on shelves
- Loads and unloads materials from or into railcars, trailers, and trucks
- Operates forklift or other material handling equipment and perform daily inspection of vehicles and equipment
- Conducts inventory counts
- Janitorial duties
- May be required to work outdoors in all weather
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Educational Diploma (GED)
- Experience in shipping and receiving
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Previous experience with a computerized purchasing inventory system an asset
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team and safety-conscious environment
- Previous janitorial experience an asset
- Previous experience operating a forklift an asset
- Committed to Company Health and Safety standards and practices
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: October 17, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), quoting reference number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.