POSITION: Temporary Transportation Manager (6-12 Month Contract)
DEPARTMENT: Rail Transportation
The Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC) is an Agency of the Province of Ontario that provides efficient and vital transportation services. The Temporary Transportation Manager is a key position in Ontario Northland’s Rail Division who is responsible for monitoring all rail operations along its territory ensuring compliance with operating rules and regulations. Responsibilities also include a variety of reporting duties related to train operations and freight customer support.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of day to day train operations to ensure safety, efficiency, and customer service.
- Gather information and maintain effective contact with customers and connecting railways, tonnage movements northward and southward, evaluate number of trains needed to move tonnage.
- Monitor Engineer and Trainmen Spareboards in Englehart, and Cochrane as well as the calling of train crew personnel on the system including all freight trains, passenger trains, yard assignments, recrews, work trains, and away-from-home calling.
- Keep close contact with motive power shops in North Bay and Cochrane regarding locomotive availability so tonnage can be moved; schedule the time for which trains are to be ordered.
- Arrange locomotive trip cycles to ensure the availability so repairs and inspections can be made at proper times.
- Ensure proper supply of empty cars is available for loading and for pick-up of loaded cars at the proper time, advises connecting carriers about connecting car movements.
- Assess priority of train movement to satisfy customers' fluctuating requirements.
- Issue written instructions to the yard and dispatching offices for setting up work trains, snowplows, spreaders, etc., when requested by Maintenance of Way, ensures that work is performed according to established standards.
- Issue bulletins and prepares monthly bulletin, operating instructions.
- Ensuring compliance with operating rules and special instructions to guarantee safe and efficient operating practices are being maintained.
- Responding to derailments and other incidents as required.
- Must be available for on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, working irregular work hours, including nights and weekends.
- Extensive travel may be involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Minimum of five years of experience in rail operations, with preference given to candidates who are CROR qualified
- Previous supervisory or management experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and customer service skills
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety standards and willing to practice and apply rules and operating procedures with all staff
- Experience in the interpretation and application of Collective Agreement(s)
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be an energetic self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances and be able to manage efficiently in stressful situations
- Team oriented with the ability to motivate others in order to achieve set objectives
- Results focused, having the ability to give clear direction and to prioritize daily tasks
- Dedicated to getting the job done safely, efficiently, to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers
- Meet all medical fitness for duty requirements in accordance with the Transport Canada requirements for Safety Critical Positions
- Familiar with geographic territory of Ontario Northland
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project a positive and helpful image at all times
CLOSING DATE: January 24, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and covering letter (provided in one document) quoting reference 100-63-21 to
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.