POSITION: Track Inspector
REPORTS TO: District Manager
DEPARTMENT: Rail Infrastructure
LOCATION: Flexible (Cochrane, Englehart)
The Track Inspector is responsible for maintenance and repair activities within track maintenance territory to meet planned and day-to-day workload demands in accordance with prescribed schedules, specifications and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects all track structure in the assigned territory in accordance with the provisions and guidelines of the Transport Canada Track Safety Rules and the Manual of Track Requirements
- Identifies, protects, assesses priorities, and arranges for emergency repairs of unsafe track infrastructure and right-of-way conditions as required
- Reports and documents all inspections findings and corrective and/or protective action
- Must possess a Technical College diploma, preferably in the civil engineering field, or equivalent work experience as a Track Maintainer, Track Foreman, Extra Gang Foreman or related experience
- Must be certified or be able to successfully complete certification as a Track Inspector
- Minimum five (5) years' track work or track engineering related experience
- Good knowledge of track components, track maintenance, and track construction
- Must be qualified (or able to qualify) in Canadian Rail Operating Rules in a short period of time
- Good computer skills are a definite asset
- Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Committed to company health and safety
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and workloads and be available to work some off-hours emergency calls and irregular working hours, i.e. daily starting and quitting times must be flexible
- Most of the time, works unaccompanied with considerable outdoor exposure in all weather conditions
- Must be available to travel frequently – approximately 90% of the time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: April 11, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 276.