POSITION: Track Labourers / Technicians
DEPARTMENT: Rail Infrastructure
LOCATION: System Wide
Track Labourers / Technicians work as a part of the Rail Infrastructure team that is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and safety of our 693 miles of track. Ontario Northland’s track extends north from North Bay to Moosonee near James Bay and west from Hearst to Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec in the east.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform tasks associated with track work including but not limited to, pulling and driving spikes, replacing ties, surfacing track, changing rail, bars, and other track components
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner, all equipment and tools associated with track maintenance
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and federal and provincial regulations
- Comply fully with all Safety Rules
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Work effectively within a team
- Perform duties that require heavy lifting
- Good hand eye coordination
- Work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Work varying work schedules
- Work in isolated areas
- Must possess a minimum of ‘G’ driver’s license
- Travel and work away from home for extended periods of time in a variety of locations across our rail system
- Able to qualify in Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR), and MTR (Transport Canada Rules Respecting Track Safety)
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
- Frequent lifting up to 50lbs
- Occasional lifting up to 75lbs
- Extended periods of standing & walking
- Carrying objects weighing 50 to 75lbs
- Using hand tools that weigh in excess of 20lbs
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions (sometimes extreme) and regular exposure to dust and pollen
- Regular exposure to noise and vibration
- Walking and working over rough terrain and embankments
Track Labourers / Technicians may have the opportunity to apply for such positions as Work Equipment Operators, Foreman, as well as management positions.
CLOSING DATE: January 28, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current resume and covering letter (provided in one document) quoting reference 200-64-21.
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.