REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
DEPARTMENT: Passenger Operations
LOCATION: North Bay
The Truck & Coach Technician will perform diagnostics and repair motor coaches in a safe and efficient manner.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the ongoing maintenance of a motor coach fleet
- Perform brake, safety and PM inspections
- Repair vehicle defects and handles minor repairs
- Perform diagnostic troubleshooting to pneumatic & electrical systems
- Ability to read pneumatic & electrical schematics
- Perform service calls as required with possible on road repairs
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all Safety & Health regulations within the workplace
- Adhere to all governing transportation regulations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Valid 310T Truck & Coach Technician Certificate of Qualification
- Valid DZ Driver’s License
- Grade 12 diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Computer literacy and proficiency
- Ability to work in a unionized team environment
- Available for shift work
- Committed to company health and safety
- Must be willing to accept temporary assignments at other locations (North Bay, Sudbury, Sault Ste. Marie and Timmins)
- Previous work experience in motor coach maintenance is an asset
NOTE: All Ontario Northland employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Ontario Northland’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
CLOSING DATE: October 17, 2021 no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply in writing with a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number. Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 494.