(North Bay, Ontario - Friday, March 20, 2020) Effective Wednesday, March 25, Ontario Northland will temporarily reduce the frequency of its motor coach service on routes that are serviced more than once daily.
Reducing our service allows us time to thoroughly clean our equipment and better protect our drivers and passengers.
Other measures put in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Limiting passenger capacity on our buses to support social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning protocols and increased disinfecting of all hard surfaces that customers are likely to touch
- Increased employee hygiene and wellness requirements
- Increased flexibility for passengers to reschedule or cancel tickets
Corridors not affected by this reduction include:
- Sudbury – Timmins
- Ottawa – Sault Ste. Marie
- Sault Ste. Marie – Hearst
We understand that the communities we serve depend on us to travel and ship parcels. Our team is committed to providing a reliable and sustainable level of service, and we will continue to monitor ridership levels to help ensure the safety of our passengers.
Up-to-date information on routes and schedules is available on our website: www.ontarionorthland.ca
- Ridership levels have decreased over the past few weeks as more people are avoiding non-essential travel.
- Customers holding tickets on cancelled runs have been contacted to reschedule or receive a refund.
For more information, please contact:
705-472-4500 ext 530