POSITION: Signal Maintainer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Signals & Communications
DEPARTMENT: Rail Infrastructure
The Signal Maintainer is responsible for constructing, installing, maintaining, repairing or renewing any apparatus, or performs electrical and other work pertaining to Signals Department equipment that controls rail traffic and safeguards employees and the general public. Electrical knowledge is fundamental for this position.
MAJOR DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, constructs, maintains and repairs designated signal equipment (track signal circuits) as assigned
- Carries out scheduled system tests, records results and maintains records as required
- Assists in the installation, removal or alteration of various signal appliances or their associated track circuitry as required
- Responds to emergency repair situations during and after regular working hours, sometimes on holidays and weekends
- Signals maintainers must be in good physical condition to perform job duties outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Must be committed to Company Health and Safety
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with a strong aptitude for the electrical/ electronic field
- Preference will be given to applicants with a current certificate of training from a recognized Railway Signal Training course or those possessing a college/university diploma/degree in the electrical/electronic field
- Applicants must be motivated self-starters, capable of working alone or in a group
- Must possess a valid Ontario G driver’s license
- Basic personal computer skills an asset
- Experience working in a railway environment an asset
- Current certification in pole climbing and/or pole-top rescue training an asset
- Applicant must demonstrate willingness to receive training as deemed necessary in the field of railway signaling. This is considered a safety-sensitive position; therefore applicants must pass Transport Canada mandated medical examinations including testing for color vision & hearing acuity
- Ability to understand/pass Canadian Rail Operating Rules (CROR), safety rules and any other rules deemed necessary by the company
- Committed to Company Health and Safety
CLOSING DATE: September 15, 2021, no later than 11:59 p.m. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by submitting a current covering letter and resume (provided in one document), stating reference name and number to:
Ontario Northland is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Pour des renseignements en français composez le 1.800.363.7512 poste 318.